Search the Online Catalog
Monday - Friday
7:45 am - 3:15 pm
USE OF THE LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER
- Students and community members may use the Library Media Center before, during, and after school. Arrangements may be made with Ms. Randolph to open the Library Media Center earlier or later if needed.
- The Library Media Center is open to all students during break and lunch waves. Students must have a pass from a teacher to come to the library during lunch.
- Students are welcome to use the Library Media Center for any educational purpose. They may conduct research, create multimedia presentations, study, or read books, magazines and newspapers for pleasure.
- Teachers are encouraged to schedule their classes and bring them to the Library Media Center to conduct research, to check out books, to use the big screen TV, or to engage in other group activities.
- All scheduling should be handled through Ms. Randolph or Mrs. Watson. A calendar is kept for this purpose. Advance scheduling is preferable.
- Books - Reference, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Biography, Story Collection and Class Sets
- Newspapers - Mobile Press Register (online) and The Islander
- Parent resources
- Computers with Internet access
- LCD Projector with screen
- Big Screen TV with cable, DVD player and VCR
- Teacher Work Area with laminator, Ellison letter press, and bulletin board paper
- Audiovisual Materials
- Copy Machine - 10 cents per copy
- On-line catalog
SUMMER READING LISTS
- 9th Grade Regular - Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes/ Crutcher
- 9th Grade Honors - Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes/ Crutcher and Alas, Babylon/ Frank
- 10th Grade Regular - The Mousetrap/ Christie
- 10th Grade Honors - The Mousetrap/ Christie and Bleachers/ Grisham
- 11th Grade Regular - Tuesdays with Morrie/ Albom
- 11th Grade Honors - Tuesdays with Morrie/ Albom and The Old Man and the Sea/ Hemingway
- 11th Grade AP - The Great Gatsby/ Fitzgerald and Death of a Salesman/ Miller and Tuesdays with Morrie/ Albom and The Old Man and the Sea/ Hemingway
- 12th Grade Regular - Metamorphosis/ Kafka
- 12th Grade Honors - Metamorphosis/ Kafka and Pride and Prejudice/ Austen
- 12th Grade AP - A Tale of Two Cities/ Dickens and Hamlet/ Shakespeare and Metamorphosis/ Kafka and Pride and Prejudice/ Austen
Students are encouraged to use the computers in the Media Center for class research and desktop publishing needs. PLEASE REMEMBER: NO GAMES, CHAT ROOMS, or EMAIL ALLOWED IN THE MEDIA CENTER. DOING SO WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF COMPUTER PRIVILEGES.